[Requests] Comments on Hierarchical Data Format Version 5 (HDF5) Core Standard
even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 15 11:21:59 EST 2018
1. Evaluator: Even Rouault, Spatialys
2. Submission: 18-043r1, OGC Hierarchical Data Format Version 5 (HDF5®) Core
1. Requirement: General
2. Implementation Specification Section number: General
3. Criticality: Major
4. Comments/justifications for changes:
There are several contradictions about the scope of this document:
1) The introductory warning section mentions: "Document subtype: Encoding"
2) "i. Abstract" mentions: "This document describes the HDF5 data model as an
3) "7. HDF5 Data Model Requirements" mentions: "This is not an encoding but a
set of concepts that could be implemented in numerous ways or technology."
So is it a data model or an encoding standard ? From the content of the
document, this is more a data model than an encoding standard. Or I don't
understand the meaning of 'encoding standard', but to me, it means something
down to the byte level to be able to generate a binary .h5 file, which is not
contained in this document.
Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
More information about the Requests