[Requests] [TC-Announce] OGC seeks public comment on new Abstract Specification Topic for Discrete Global Grid Systems (DGGS)

VIVAS patricia patricia.VIVAS at upu.int
Wed May 10 06:02:28 EDT 2017

Dear Scott,

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for the delay of my reply.

I have been discussing with my colleagues internally and we are considering the possibility of working within the OGC DGGS framework to come up with a Postal-specific standard being develop that could define the minimum requirements or the actual mapping process between postal addresses and grid systems, as you suggested. I am not sure however that we could or be interested in developing a neutral reference grid to which other grid could be mapped but more as I mentioned just right before, establish the principles, characteristics, minimum requires or whatever is needed for the interoperability of the grid systems used in absence or as a complement of traditional postal addressing systems. Somehow on a similar way it was done with ISO TC 211 Addressing 19160 and its part-4.

Do you have any information that you could help us to have a better idea on the OGC working methods and what will be expected from us if we go for it?

Thank you in advance,

With my best regards, ,

Patricia Vivas