[Requests] CUAHSI Comments on OGC WaterML 2 - Part 3, Surface Hydrology Features Conceptual Model

Jerad Bales jdbales at cuahsi.org
Thu Feb 16 11:32:09 EST 2017

The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc., is pleased to offer the following comment on WaterML 2- Part 3:

CUAHSI is enthusiastic about the development of Hy Features and considers this conceptual model to be an important prerequisite to standards that will enable worldwide exchange of hydrologic feature information. We are confident that this conceptual model will eventually develop into a physical standard for data interchange that can connect network data from different agencies and nations in a useful manner. We are also confident that this work can be reconciled against related work on GroundWaterML and that the two - together - can represent all facets of transport and connectedness. We wholeheartedly support the effort and hope that work will continue toward an end result of global data interchange of features for both surface water and groundwater.

Thank you...Jerad

Dr. Jerad Bales
Executive Director, CUAHSI
Office:  339-933-4660