[Requests] 2015 RFC comments vs. OGC 14-116 OGC Draft LandInfra Conceptual Model

Jesper Høi Skovdal jes at geoforum.dk
Wed Mar 2 03:42:39 EST 2016

Dear Paul,

Please find attached the new comments of the Danish Geodata Association, Geoforum, in response to the RFC for OGC 15-111, OGC LandInfra Conceptual Model.
The comments have primarily been carried out by professor, Erik Stubkjær, Aalborg University, est at land.aau.dk<mailto:est at land.aau.dk>, with assistance from associate professor, Erik Kjems, Aalborg University, and Head of Road Management Systems at Danish Road Directorate, Eric thor Straten.
Sincerely, it is our hope that the new comments will help you to improve the final OGC LandInfra Conceptual Model.

In general, we do find your initiative excellent and the current model absolutely reasonable.

On behalf of Geoforum Danmark,

Jesper Høi Skovdal
Secretary General

Geoforum Danmark
Kalvebod Brygge 31
DK-1560 Copenhagen V
Denmark

E-mail: jes at geoforum.dk<mailto:jes at geoforum.dk>
Phone: +45 2280 9039
www.geoforum.dk<http://www.geoforum.dk/>

[Geoforum-logo_pos]

PART A

1. Evaluator: Jesper Høi Skovdal
        [CONTACT INFORMATION: jes at geoforum.dk<mailto:jes at geoforum.dk>, +0045 3886 1075, Geoforum Denmark, Kalvebod Brygge 31-33, 1780 København V ]

2. Submission:
        [OpenGIS Project: LandInfra, Document Number: 15-111, Name: OGC® Land and Infrastructure Conceptual Model Standard (LandInfra)]

PART B

Issue 001
4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]

Geoforum appreciates the response of January, 21st 2016 from the OGC Land and Infrastructure SWG towards our comments on the OGC 14-116 Draft.
The present candidate standard has triggered the following issues 002 and 003.
In general, however, Geoforum Denmark indeed welcomes the OGC Land and Infrastructure Conceptual Model Standard.

Issue 002
1. Requirement: [General, #]  7.6.6 Surface, and 7.6.7 Surface Set - Are these details needed here?

LandInfra section 1.1 Relationship to Other Standards includes the following:
bSI IfcRoad:  The intent is that the Road conceptual model in this LandInfra Standard be compatible with the forthcoming IfcRoad conceptual model... Korean model ..

The inclusion in the present standard of Surface and especially Surface Set may complicate compatibility with the mentioned IfcRoad conceptual model, which conceptualizes the road as a body volume, while LandInfra rather has a locational focus.

The LandInfra SWG may consider, whether requirements concerning Surface should be restricted to the top surface and requirements concerning Surface Set postponed to further revisions of LandInfra.

Issue 003
3. Criticality: [Editorial] 1.1 Relationship to Other Standards

Available information suggests that the Korean model, referred to in section 1.1, does not enjoy sufficient consensus to be quoted by LandInfra as representative of the IfcRoad conceptual model. The sentence:  , or at least as closely as can be predicted from a review of the proposed Korean model [8]. and the corresponding reference [8] may be deleted.

-- END --