[Requests] Comments on : 09-143r3, Coverage Implementation schema 1.1.0

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu Jan 14 11:09:29 EST 2016

Brian,
thanks for your comments. I am collecting them all and will respond to each
after the RFC period has ended.
best,
Peter

On 2016-01-14 10:36, Brian Tolley wrote:

> Part A to be completed once.  Iterate Part B as needed.
>

> PART A
>

> 1. Evaluator:
>
>         Brian Tolley, Uniscan Instruments Ltd, England, email: Brian.Tolley at
> uniscan.com
>

> 2. Submission: 09-143r3, Coverage Implementation schema 1.1.0
>

> PART B
>

> 1. Requirement: 3
>
> 'srsName' is marked as being mandatory and is defined as a "URL identifying
> the CRS...".
>
> This doesn't seem to cover the case of using a CRS which doesn't have a URL -
>
> such as engineering and image CRSs.
>
> Workarouds include:
>
> * Make 'srsName' non-mandatory (especially if the CRS can be defined by a WKT
> representation).
>
> * State that 'srsName' is mandatory but is a URI (rather than a URL) and so is
> globally unique but does not need to be resolvable to a real web page.
>

> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: Section 7.4 DomainSet
>

> 3. Criticality: Major
>
> Major - for people wanting to use an SRS which is not in a register of SRSs.
>

> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
>
> 'srsName' is mandatory and is defined as being a URL - This doesn't seem to
> cover the case of using a CRS which doesn't have a URL. For instance an
> engineering or image CRS may not have a URL (as there is an almost infinite
> number of possibilities) but it would have a WKT representation. An example of
> this is: observations taken on a grid which corresponds to the surface of a
> slice of rock - it would seem excessive to have to create a resolvable URL for
> this very specific CRS especially as there might be a different one
>
> for each specimen.

> 1. Requirement: 7
>
> Missing VALUE_SPACE declaration in XML fragment.
>

> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: Section 7.5 RangeType
>

> 3. Criticality: Minor
>

> 4. Comments/justifications for changes:
>
> The XML fragment references VALUE_SPACE but no part of the XML has this id.

> 1. Requirement: General
>
> Typo: 'throuogh' should read 'thorough'
>

> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: Section vii Future Work
>

> 3. Criticality: Editorial
>

> 4. Comments/justifications for changes:

Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)