[Requests] Comment on WPS 14-065

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu Sep 18 12:21:56 EDT 2014

         Peter Baumann, p.baumann at jacobs-university.de

2. Submission: WPS 2.0, 14-065

PART B

1. Requirement:
clarify mechanism for referencing input/output parameter XML types

2. Implementation Specification Section number:
XML Schema

3. Criticality:
Major

4. Comments/justifications for changes:

Trying to define WCS GetCoverage as a WPS process I cannot find how to reference
the concrete XML input type.
The schema says:
     <attribute name="schema" type="anyURI" use="optional">
         <annotation>
             <documentation>Web-accessible XML Schema Document that defines the
content model of this complex resource (e.g., encoded using GML 2.2 Application
Schema).  This reference should be included for XML encoded complex resources.
</documentation>
         </annotation>
     </attribute>
...but I need to reference a concrete type inside this document.
In the spec itself I cannot find any hint.
In an example in 2011-05-25-WPS-Format-Definitions-for-Well-Known-Schemas.pdf
finally I find
<Schema>http://schemas.opengis.net/gmlcov/1.0/gmlcovAll.xsd#RectifiedGridCoverage</Schema>

It should be clarified, on normative level, how to use this facility, such as:
- is the above syntax correct?
- WCS needs to reference a type (GetCoverageType), not an element.
- what if this type is defined in an .xsd file under the umbrella of wcsAll.xsd
(in this case: wcsGetCoverage.xsd)?

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)