[Requests] Comments on Candidate IndoorGML Encoding Standard

Lukáš Herman herman.lu at mail.muni.cz
Thu Mar 20 08:23:52 EDT 2014

        Lukas Herman
        Department of Geography
        Faculty of Science, Masaryk University
        Kotlarska 2, Brno, 611 37
        Czech Republic
        E-mail: herman.lu at mail.muni.cz

2. Submission:
	OGC 14-005
	OGC® IndoorGML

PART B

1.1. Requirement:
Following abbreviations are used in the text of specification, but are not in list of abbreviations and symbols. They are: GML (Geography Markup Language), LBS (Location-based services), LoD (Level of Detail), RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) and SensorML (Sensor Model Language). On the other hand, acronym B-Rep is in list, but it is not anywhere in the text below.

1.2. Implementation Specification Section number: 5.1

1.3. Criticality: Normal

1.4. Comments/justifications for changes:
Modify the list of symbols and abbreviations in section 5.1.

2.1 Requirement:
I think that it would be appropriate to summarize in one schema (one place) all technologies and other standards to which IndoorGML is related (CityGML, IFC, SensorML, WiFi, RFID, ...).

2.2. Implementation Specification Section number: probably 7.3 or 7.4

2.3. Criticality: Normal or minor

2.4. Comments/justifications for changes:
Add a schema showing all technologies and standards connected to IndoorGML. Alternatively, this summary (schema) can be placed in another part of the document.

3.1 Requirement:
I think that the explanation of the concept of External Reference could be supplemented by example of XML code that should demonstrate this connection. It would be shown, how External Reference is represented (if IndoorGML elements and elements for example from CityGML must be nested within each other or if they can be linked using XLink).

3.2. Implementation Specification Section number: 7.4

3.3. Criticality: Normal or minor

3.4. Comments/justifications for changes:
Add example of XML code to section 7.4.

3.1 Requirement:
I think that in the specification is missing use case (sample IndoorGML file). In my opinion, the addition of such example will facilitate the understanding of properties and capabilities of IndoorGML. Through use the case would be also  possible to demonstrate, for example, the connection to other standards (which is mentioned in requirement no. 3).

4.2. Implementation Specification Section number: Annexes

3.3. Criticality: Normal

4.4. Comments/justifications for changes:
Add annex with sample IndoorGML file(s).