[Requests] Comment on candidate Moving Feature Encoding standard

Mike McCann mccann at mbari.org
Thu Jul 24 12:56:33 EDT 2014

Part A to be completed once.  Iterate Part B as needed.

Mike McCann
Software Engineer
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039-9644
Voice: 831.775.1769  Fax: 831.775.1736

2. Submission: [OpenGIS Project Document Number, Name]

OGC® Moving Features Encoding Part I: XML Core
and
OpenGIS® Moving Features Encoding Part II: Simple CSV

PART B

1. Requirement: [General, #]

2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]

3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]

4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]

Not sure which section of the documents this applies to (maybe simply the Introductions), but I see no recognition of the CF-NetCDF Discrete Sampling Geometry featureType='trajectory' method of archiving these type of data. Perhaps there can be a reference to that standard and some attempt made at harmonization so that implementors can have an easier time.

Regards,
Mike

--
Mike McCann