[Requests] RfC Spatial Schema

Andrae, Christine andrae at rvr-online.de
Fri Nov 29 08:44:16 EST 2013

Christine Andrae
Regionalverband Ruhr, Essen, Germany,
andrae at rvr-online.de<mailto:andrae at rvr-online.de>
c.andrae at gswcom.biz<mailto:c.andrae at gswcom.biz>

(in my free time author of books on ogc-standards, trying to explain them to the public, already having published a book on ISO 19107:2005).

2. Submission: [OpenGIS Project Document Number, Name]
13-083r1
ISO 19107:2003 Geographic information - Spatial

PART B

1. Requirement: [General, #]
General

2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
General

3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
Editorial

4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
Sorry, missed the deadline for one day, thinking it would be a Friday.

This is to tell you that I am undertaking an editorial-like review of the text which results in quite a lot of editorial hints on

-      Spelling and grammar

-      Property names (should we use plural for arrays?)

-      Consistency of names within the text (for example do we call it b-spline or bSpline?)

-      Consistency of names in text and diagrams

-      Completeness of diagrams

-      Missing operation signatures

-      Missing or wrong multiplicities

-      Missing property descriptions

-      Order of descriptions

-      Few suggestions like should we have general constructor methods for lines and surfaces from controlpoints, datapoints and interpolation type?

-      One inconsistency with Simple features V1.2 regarding self intersecting surfaces (intersection of rings should be allowed in more than one point).

I promised John Herring to do that when meeting him in Nashua in October.
Currently I have reached the chapter on spirals and will need some more time to finish (should be around Christmas)
Then I will send the hinted and commented version to John.

Since the document IS indeed rather full of small mistakes the new version after correction of these mistakes probably won't be the same as now open for comments.
Probably there will arise the need to make a new RfC-period after correction?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Christine Andrae

Stadtplanwerk Ruhrgebiet
Kronprinzenstraße 35
45128 Essen
Fon: +49 201 2069-236
Fax: +49 201 2069-400
andrae at rvr-online.de

[X]

Die Regionaldirektorin
Kronprinzenstraße 35
45128 Essen
Zentrale: +49 (0) 201 2069-0
Fax: +49 (0) 201 2069-500
www.metropoleruhr.de

Postfach 10 32 64
45032 Essen

Steuernummer: RVR 112/5797/0116
USt.-ldNr.: DE 173867500

Diese E-Mail koennte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.