[Requests] comments on ARML 2.0 candidate standard 12-132r1

Dieter van Werkum AOTP dieter at aotp.nl
Wed Nov 21 15:35:49 EST 2012

Dear sir, madam,

Below are my comments on (12-132r1) ARML 2.0 OGC Request for comments v 1.0.1.
Please keep me informed about further progress.

Best regards,
Dieter van Werkum

Dieter van Werkum (aotp.nl)
Stuurboord 15
3823 TA  Amersfoort
tel   (+31)(0)640635644
fax  (+31)(0)848377708
dieter at aotp.nl
www.aotp.nl
KvK 32123166
BTW NL 1185.60.025.B02

2. Submission: []
OpenGIS Project Document Number: 12-132r1
Name: ARML 2.0 OGC Request for comments v 1.0.1.

PART B

Requirement 1
Implementation Specification Section number: 7.5.3. (scaling mode)
Criticality: Major
Comments/justifications for changes:
VisualAsset2D / scalingmode should support zoomlevels/tile-serving like KML Gigapixl PhotoOverlay.
As long as it doesn't you should state the maximum image-size (in pixels and Mb's). How large can I show our showcase painting "View op Amersfoort" (by Matthias Withoos, 1672) (with 7 zoomlevels I believe still the highest resolution realistic landscape painting in the geoweb, www.aotp.nl/educatief/oudland/html/oudland.htm)?
Approaching the anchorpoint should come instead of zooming (in large image files) with mouse-scroller.

Requirement 2
Implementation Specification Section number: paragraph 7.6.2.1. (Orienting VisualAsset2Ds)
Criticality: Editorial
Comments/justifications for changes:
Obviously our landscape paintings need orientationmode "absolute", but can I use a point as an anchor? Do I have to state the Dimensions of the underlying AR anchor manualy somewhere?

Requirement 3
Implementation Specification Section number: General
Criticality: Editorial
Comments/justifications for changes:
What does (abreviation) "CS" stand for? (As in "This property controls how the VisualAsset2D is initially oriented in the Anchor's CS, before roll, tilt and heading are applied")

Requirement 4
Implementation Specification Section number: General
Criticality: Major
Comments/justifications for changes:
VisualAsset 2D - image: backside of Image should not be gray but say "Your facing the backside, please walk around."  (Or perhaps in ScreenAnchor?)
Customization/language option would be nice.

-/-