[Requests] [OSGeo-Standards] JSON in OGC standards (REST API Candidate Standard)

Ganeshkumar Shanmugam shanmugamg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:00:45 EDT 2012

OGC,

I have been a geospatial advocate for over 10 years on the usage of
standards in organizations.

This discussion reminds me of a slide from Athina Trakas[1] presentation
last year, on SDI. I have attached only that page here.

Agree fully with Cameron's comments that, where is the reference
implementation of this proposed service standard on an opensource project
so the community at large can understand the implication.

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/domain/gov_and_sdi
*The critical Role of standards in
SDIs*<https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=44776>
Athina Trakas
Presentation at the International Cartographic Conference, Paris (FRANCE)
2011-07-06

Regards,
Ganesh
GeoICON