[WPS-dev] Fwd: Fw: WPS XML doesn't parse (http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsdproblem) - more on the issue

Kevin Stegemoller kstegemoller at opengeospatial.org
Fri Jun 17 11:17:02 EDT 2011

All,

I know this is old news but I am replying anyway, regarding
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd not responding...

The http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd links do work but the W3C are taking
"a number of defensive measures including utilizing a tarpit" due to
"applications making excessive requests for DTD and other schemata".

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2011Apr/0026.html
which references
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic/

For existing standards, I believe we need official change requests since
nothing is currently broken.

FYI, I am not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,

kevin