[WPS-dev] WPS XML doesn't parse (http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd problem)

Jorge de Jesus jmdj at pml.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 08:59:09 EDT 2011

 Hi to all

I've tried to parse some WPS XML with xmllint but the parser is raising
the following error :

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<'
not found

^
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/ows19115subset.xsd:20: element
import: Schemas parser error : Element
'{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}import': Failed to parse the XML
resource 'http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd'.
WXS schema
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsDescribeProcess_response.xsd
failed to compile

The problem is in ows19115sub.xsd that has the following:

<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>

The link http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd sends an empty document, is
seems that the correct link should be: http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd

I've googled and I can only find a similar compliment related to the
xml.xsd and no extra info or explanation.

Has W3C changed something, or has someone changed  ows19115subset.xsd
?!?!?!?!

All the best

Jorge

Plymouth Marine Laboratory

Registered Office:
Prospect Place
The Hoe
Plymouth  PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Click here for PML Annual Review 2010
Registered Charity No. 1091222
PML is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England & Wales
company number 4178503

Please think before you print

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way. Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.