[SensorML] SensorML Dictionaries

Nunner, Thomas Thomas.Nunner at joanneum.at
Fri Mar 6 02:42:10 EST 2009

Dear John,

thank you very much for the information! It was very useful!

As far as I understand, there is no ontology for space/remote sensing related systems. But the crucial factor to use SensorML is also the use of an ontology (to specify which terms are allowed and to make sure every one is using the same term e.g. for naming a digital camera always "camera" and not one time call it "cam" and the next time "digital camera" and so on).

Which editor do you use and is there an editor which can also integrate
an ontology by showing the allowed terms for a certain element?
I found the UAH SensorML Editor was not working properly (for example you can not choose "spatialReferenceFrame" for the component type).

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to SensorML and I try to understand the possibilities of this standard but also the effort to use it.

Regards,
Thomas

P.S.: I found a very basic dictionary/ontology from EAS:

http://ws.spotimage.com/SensorML/ESA/dictionary/?C=S;O=A