[SensorML] W3C - Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group

Peter.Taylor at csiro.au Peter.Taylor at csiro.au
Thu Mar 5 22:29:44 EST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for the cross posting from the SWE group, but I think this is of interest to the SensorML group also:

We are about to initiate a W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) incubator
group [1]  in the area of Semantic Sensor Networks.  The charter is
attached below in this email.  The charter will be made public next
week by the W3C assuming all goes well.  Whilst many of you are aware
of the initiative, there are some on the list who are not aware of
this initiative.  Your names were given to me by initiators of this
working group.  This is an early notification to people that we
believe would be interested in participating in such an initiative.

The work is an initiative of CSIRO, Kno.e.sis Center, Wright State
University and the Open Geo-Spatial Consortium.

The co-chairs for this group will be Amit Parashar, Amit Sheth and
Kerry Taylor.

The contacts from the respective organisations are:
CSIRO: Amit Parashar - kerry.taylor at csiro.au, amit.parashar at csiro.au
Kno.e.sis Center, Wright State University: Amit Sheth - amit.sheth at wright.edu
Open Geo-Spatial Consortium: Carl Reed - creed at opengeospatial.org

If you are interested in participating then there are three ways you
can participate:
1. If your organisation is a member of the W3C
2. Alternatively if your organisation is not a member of the W3C, you
may join the group as an Invited Expert, see policy [2]
3. Alternatively your organisation can become a W3C member [3]

If you are interested please contact me and let me know in what
capacity you would like to join the incubator group.

We are tentatively proposing the first phone conference be held on the
13th of March, more details on this later, after the launch of the
incubator group.

Regards,

Amit

Amit Parashar
W3C Australia Office Manager
Senior Software Engineer
CSIRO ICT Centre
+61 (0)2 6216 7062

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/08/invexp.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/join

--
Pete Taylor
Software Engineer - Tasmanian ICT Centre

GPO Box 1538    Hobart    TAS    7001
Castray Esplanade    Hobart    TAS    7000
T: +61 3 6232 5530, F: +61 3 6232 5229
www.ict.csiro.au
http://www.csiro.au/science/TasICTCentre.html