[SensorML] Binary SensorML encodings for small devices

Peizhao Hu peizhao at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 09:02:13 EST 2009

Hi Steve;

For resource constrained sensors, there is an industrial standard,
called IEEE 1451. It offers a TEDS description about sensor, which is
prepared by the sensor manufacturers.
Within IEEE 1451.2, National Instrument has defined an electronic
version of TEDS, named VTEDS [1].

You should be able to follow the template to encode some common feature
of sensors.

One approach is to create mapping from TEDS to SensorML, as described in
[2].

[1] http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4043
[2]
http://nicta.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/15652/Sensor_Standards-_Overview_and_Experiences.pdf