[SensorML] Envelopes/Bounded Areas

Kris McGlinn mcglinnk at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Jul 28 09:15:28 EDT 2008

Hi Again,

I have another question I hope someone out there may be able to help me
with. It is regarding "Geolocation Area" and "Envelope". Are there any
instance examples of these out there?

I have defined a building as a reference frame, and I am defining
additional reference frames within that for proximity based detectors
(on another point, does anyone know if "hertz" is a defined phenomena?).

Now, I am looking to define a geolocation area as "ground floor" and
within this I wish to define multiple bounded areas, or envelopes for
each detector...which will basically represent the boundaries of the
room in which they are in on this floor.

I see the envelope and area is defined in the annex and for the envelope
it has a description "Envelope described using two vectors specifying
lower and upper corner points. This is typically use to define
rectangular bounding boxes in any coordinate system." Which sounds
perfect for me, only I don't see how you go about defining these two
vectors, and how this is then referenced to a particular instance of my
detector?

All help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kris.