[SensorML] Questions about URN and spatialReferenceFrame

lxspine lxspine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 11:55:46 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have two questions about URN and spatialReferenceFrame:

1. The URN could not give the address of the resource, could it? When use an URN for referencing, how to access the referenced resource? (E.g. in the example DavisWeatherStation.xml from UAH VAST website the spatialReferenceFrame is referencing "urn:ogc:cs:xyzFrame". How to access this resource?)

2. How to define a CRS for the spatialReferenceFrame? E.g. I have a local CRS which is a corner of a building. I have its GPS coordinates and the orientation. I have to define these parameters outside the sensor model, right? Then what format should I use to define this CRS? Will it still be SensorML or some class from GML?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Pine
2008-07-22