[SensorML] A question about outputs.

Jesper Zedlitz jze at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jul 22 04:25:15 EDT 2008

Hi Pine,

> how to define the data type for the outputs? E.g. for a temperature sensor I
> have used the swe:Quantity to define the unit of the output (cel). How can I
> also define the data type (integer, decimal or string) for the output?

The type "swe:Quantity" specifies the data type: The element "value" must
contain a xsd:double.

I wrote a little list, which XML-schema datatype belongs to which SWE-common
datatype:

SWE type         content type
---------------  ----------------
Quantity         double
Category         token
Boolean          boolean
Count            integer
Time             dateTime
Text             string

Jesper

BTW: My spam filter marks your e-mail as suspicious because the real-name
equals the localpart of the address and contains no vowels.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Jesper Zedlitz        Dept. for Computer Science, CAU of Kiel
Room 1108                        Communication Systems Research Group
24098 Kiel - Germany             jze at informatik.uni-kiel.de