[SensorML] QualityPropertyType

Robin, Alexandre Alexandre.Robin at spotimage.fr
Tue Jul 15 04:02:45 EDT 2008

Hi Jepser, Mike,

Actually Jesper was doing the right thing too.
What you did is exactly the intent with the xlink:href on quality.

It is intended to be used to reference a data component that itself gives the quality measure of another a component everything being streamed together... (useful for describing GPS streams for instance that include the estimated error of the location and velocity measurements themselves)

So basically you either give a fixed value for the quality if it is constant throughout the data stream (Mike's example), or you point to another stream component if the quality value is changing (you example).

Quality can be either a Quantity (for things like relative/absolute accuracy), a Category (for qualitative statements like "good", "ok", "bad") or a QuantityRange (for things like bidirectional tolerances, etc.). It can also be plain Text. You can have several of these quality statements (i.e. one numerical + some human readable text for instance) on the same data component...

Hope this helps.
I will try to do a good job at explaining this in the new specification.

Cheers,

Alexandre Robin
Spot Image, Web and E-Business
Tel: +33 (0) 5 62 19 43 62
Fax: +33 (0) 5 62 19 43 43
http://www.spotimage.com
Before printing, think about the environment