[SensorML] SensorML and TransducerML

Alexandre Robin robin at nsstc.uah.edu
Thu Jun 7 10:23:41 EDT 2007

Hello Jesper,

There is indeed some overlap between the System/Sensor/Transducer
description part of TML and SensorML. As indicated in both spec, the
harmonization between the two is a work in progress.

SensorML can certainly handle what TML describes and as you mention can
better handle complex processing systems by enabling chaining of arbitrary
processes. SensorML profiles are under development to facilitate this even
more.

Regards,

Alexandre Robin
Research Scientist
National Space Science and Technology Center
(256) 961 7978