[SensorML] SensorML

John Graybeal graybeal at mbari.org
Mon Jun 4 10:21:27 EDT 2007

Simon,

I don't know if the SensorML folks are planning anything independently.  But at the Sensor Metadata Interoperability workshop last October, Gerry Creager indicated he would do at least some of that on behalf of TAMU/SCOOP.  And as part of OOSTethys, he is working on a registry that will contain some sensor information.  Several organizations committed to developing 'type' examples for the registry.  And Jens Klump at GFZ/Potsdam is interested in developing  a registry for sensor instances.

We haven't started talking about policies and procedures, or even schedule, for any of this. But I think it's all real.

These commitments are documented in the final unformatted workshop report, and I intend to track progress (and planned schedule) of these and other sensor interoperability activities on the MMI site.

See web references below.

Sensor Metadata Interoperability workshop:
  http://marinemetadata.org/workshop06
Final unformatted workshop report:
  http://marinemetadata.org/smireportdraftpdf
Sensor interoperability status pages (not yet released, help is welcome to develop/update/maintain):
  http://marinemetadata.org/sensorinterop
OOSTethys & OGC Oceans Interoperability Experiment:
  http://www.oostethys.org

John