[Requests] Comments on OGC DGGS Charter 14-022r2

Scott Simmons ssimmons at ogc.org
Mon Sep 30 10:32:26 EDT 2019

Thanks for the comments, Stephane and Dimitri. I will forward these to the submitters.

Scott

> On Sep 30, 2019, at 2:40 AM, Stephane Garcia via Requests <requests at lists.opengeospatial.org> wrote:
>
> PART A
>
> 1. Evaluator:
> Dimitri Sarafinof
> dimitri.sarafinof at ign.fr
>
> 2. Submission: [OpenGIS Project Document Number, Name]
> OGC DGGS Charter 14-022r2
>
> PART B
>
> 1. Requirement: [General, #]
> General
>
> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
> section 3
>
> 3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
> Te
>
> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
> Consider keeping DGGS functionality and mathematical operations in the scope
>
> 1. Requirement: [General, #]
> REQ1
>
> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
> section 4.1 NB
>
> 3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
> Te
>
> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
> Deliverable 2 : Encodings.  Please reconsider the decision to cancel this action or improving rationale for its suppression be strongly developed. It appears that this implementation standaridzation effort is a key task in order to achieve DGGS interoperability
>
> 1. Requirement: [General, #]
> section 6.6
>
> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
> section 6.6
>
> 3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
> Te
>
> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
> Consider adding Marine/Ocean/Hydro communities
>
> 1. Requirement: [General, #]
> section 8
>
> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
> section 8
>
> 3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
> Te
>
> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
> Consider adding Marine DWG and Met Ocean DWG
>
> 1. Requirement: [General, #]
> section 4.2
>
> 2. Implementation Specification Section number: [General, #]
> section 4.2
>
> 3. Criticality: [Major, Minor, Editorial, etc.]
> Te
>
> 4. Comments/justifications for changes: [Comments]
> DGGS suite of Abstract Specifications and OGC Core + extension model : as Part 1 is “Core Operations and Equal Area Earth Reference System”, how Part 4 – non-Equal Area Earth Reference System fits with the core is unclear. Consider presumably it might have to be an extension to the core.

*Location Powers: Data Science*
<http://www.locationpowers.net/events/1911california/> - 90% early bird
discount until October 15.
Be part of a discussion on how the core methods
of data science can provide valuable insights when used with geospatial
information.
13th & 14th November, 2019 | Google Crittenden Campus,
Mountain View, CA | #LP_DS <https://twitter.com/hashtag/LP_DS>