[Mass-Market-GEO] WMS-C tile caching spec - related info.

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Mon Aug 11 14:23:58 EDT 2008

Percy -

You might want to check the work going on in the OneGeology activity. There
is a good high level description at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26094125/ .
The application is enabled using OGC standards (specifically WMS). There is
also mention of the Geoscience Markup Language (GeoSciML), which is an OGC
Geography Markup Language (GML) application schema.

I know this is slightly off topic in terms of tile caching, put I believe it
is also germane to the larger use case of providing easy and efficient
access to key scientific information for use by anyone and everyone.

Regards

Carl