[Mass-Market-GEO] Fwd: WMS-C tile caching spec

Joan Masó joanma747 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:40:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm an active member of WMS.RWG. We are working on a document
to define new standard that we call WMTS (OpenGIS Web Map
Tiling Server Implementation Standard). The whole process
has been slower that I would like to be and I'm sorry about that
because some people had lost interest in the project. I'll be very happy
to get feedback on the document and to comunicate to the group
any idea you will have or to include corrections you suggest.

The document is a draft. Do not look at the index, the UML
models or the XML schemas but the other parts are quite finished.
I'm working on them as a final steps.

The link to the last version of the document is:
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=29089
(if you have any problem accessing the document I will send
you directly).

I also proposed to the group an WMS-C profile for the new WMS
version copying must of the OSGeo ideas but I did not succeded.

I'm also worried about how this document could be harmonized
with OSGEO wiki-standards.

Joan Masó
UAB-CREAF-MiraMon