[Mass-Market-GEO] OpenSearch Geo feedback

Carl Reed OGC Account creed at opengeospatial.org
Fri Nov 16 14:16:12 EST 2007

OpenSearch Geo feedbackJust to follow up on Frank's comments, it would be really nice if the expression (at least at the information model level) of a geo-point/line/poly where the same across multiple specs/standards. For example, GeoRSS GML point. We are now using the same expression for a point geometry in the OASIS geo-oasis GML profile, the IETF PIDF-LO geoshape application schema, and a IEEE 1451 standard. In all cases, the expression of a point geometry is consistent with ISO 19107 and GML 3.1.1.

As to coordinate order for a poly, why not follow what is expressed in ISO 19107 and GML 3.x.x?? Again for consistency and harmonization across communities of use.

Regards

Carl