[Mass-Market-GEO] OpenSearch Geo feedback

Frank.Steggink at bentley.com Frank.Steggink at bentley.com
Fri Nov 16 14:08:34 EST 2007

Hello Arliss,

Thanks for your reply. However, I have a few remarks.

1. The OGC Abstract Specification Topic 3 doesn't talk about vertex
order at all. (It only talks about different kinds of relationships
between coordinate systems). Also, GML (3.1 or 3.2.1) doesn't bother
with the vertex order either (or I can't find it). It just mentions that
a polygon is defined by a set of boundary curves which should be
coplanar.

The fact that it is complex is the reason I'm raising this issue, in
order to get clarity. Perhaps I'm not right, and Andrew should correct
me if necessary, but a large part of the target audience of the Geo
extension will never have heard of the OGC. So, the bar should be as low
as possible, but without any ambiguity.

2. The bounding box definition in the Geo extension of OpenSearch, where
maxX can be smaller than minX, looks to be in accordance with OWS Common
1.1.0 and WCS 1.1.1, so this is fine.

Frank