[Geopackage] Indexing large tile tables

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Wed Sep 19 10:14:40 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:00 PM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> do you have a UNIQUE (zoom_level, tile_column, tile_row) constraint in
> your raster table as suggested by
> http://www.geopackage.org/spec/#_sample_tile_pyramid_informative ?

I created manually a unique index and performance went through the roof:
create unique index s2cloudless_tiles on s2cloudless(zoom_level,
tile_column, tile_row);

But I don't have the luxury to check how it was before, a 550GB file takes
1 week to download here.

I also believe the geopackage was created with gdal, since it contains a
gpkg_ogr_contents... did any older
version  not add the unique constraint? Not sure, as said, I'm not in a
condition where
I can check, I did look at the indexes before creating mine and the only
one that I could see was
the autoincrement primarky key one.

Cheers
Andrea

== GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf
Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa
(LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549
http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- *Con riferimento
alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 -
Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali
allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le
sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679
“GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information
herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail.*