[Geopackage] Looking for an early implementation for GeoPackage 1.2 test

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Tue Dec 11 16:49:11 EST 2018

All,

If you have implemented GeoPackage 1.2, we invite you to be one of the first three early implementations to get certified. This will help us to move the test forward and be able to list the test in the OGC official validation website.

We already have two organizations passing the test:
- ESRI
- NGA
More details at the OGC Implementation database: http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products

The test is available at the OCG beta validation web site (http://cite.opengeospatial.org/te2/) and covers the following:

	• Core (Required)
		• SQLite Container
		• Spatial Reference Systems
		• Contents
	• Features
	• Tiles
	• Attributes
	• Extension Mechanism
		• Non-Linear Geometry Types
		• RTree Spatial Indexes
		• Zoom Other Intervals (Not implemented yet)
		• Tiles Encoding WebP
		• Metadata
		• Schema
		• WKT for Coordinate Reference Systems
		• Tiled Gridded Coverage Data

The latest version of the test is 0.7. In 2018, many bug fixes and enhancements have been implemented making the test suite even more robust. A complete list of all fixes can be viewed here: http://cite.opengeospatial.org/te2/about/gpkg12/1.2/site/relnotes.html

Process to become an early implementer:

1) Visit the beta validation web site: http://cite.opengeospatial.org/te2/
2) Provide a file that has been created by your application and validate it with test suite “GeoPackage 1.2”.
3) Go to the OGC portal to officially register your implementation http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products/registration
4) Apply for getting certified

If you are one of the first three implementations to pass the test, while the test is in beta, will have your trademark license fees waived for one year. This applies to both proprietary and open source implementations. You are also encouraged to offer your implementation as a reference implementations. A reference implementation is software that exemplifies proper implementation of a standard and is free and publicly available for testing via a web service or download.

I’ll be happy to provide more information if needed.

Best regards,

-----
Luis Bermudez, Ph.D.
Executive Director Innovation Program