[Geopackage] Historical question on metadata

Paul Daisey pdaisey1331 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:51:19 EDT 2018

All:

     Pepijn has it right; the GeoPackage v1.0 metadata model had two
tables following a common relational database design for implementing
many to many relationships, which were needed to implement the
hierarchical metadata model defined in ISO 19115. One metadata record
can apply to many data items (tables / rows / columns or any subset
thereof), and one data item can be described by many metadata records
(e.g. from different sources).

     Cheers,

Paul Daisey

--