[Geopackage] Historical question on metadata

Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt pepijn at vaneeckhoudt.net
Fri Apr 20 15:19:02 EDT 2018

Hi Jeff,

Which tables do you mean exactly? gpkg_metadata and gpkg_metadata_reference?

One stores the metadata itself; the other is the association relationship between the metadata and the data it describes. Splitting the two allows reuse of metadata for multiple tables.

If I remember correctly, Paul Daisy did most of the work on metadata so he might be able to give you a better answer.

Pepijn