[Geopackage] Views ... may be used to provide compatibility...

Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt pepijn at vaneeckhoudt.net
Tue Mar 14 14:58:46 EDT 2017

Hi Jeff,

If I remember it correctly this was added because gpkg_geometry_columns does not have the exact same schema as st_geometry_columns from SQL/MM and geometry_columns from SF/SQL.
I think there was some concern about this not being compatible with existing SF/SQL code and that these views were intended to illustrate how you could make a view that provides compatibility.

Pepijn