[Geopackage] Python script to validate GeoPackage

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 10 08:50:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

For those interested, I've written a Python script to validate GeoPackage databases
against the spec. I've mostly tested it against GDAL generated files, and it is used
in GDAL regression test suite. It might have some bugs and holes... Feedback welcome.

It tests core, features, tiles, gpkg_extensions, attributes extension, spatial indexes
extension, tiled gridded elevation extension, metadata extension, non linear geometry
types extension, webp extension, zoom other extension, extended CRS extension

It is available there:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/swig/python/samples/validate_gpkg.py

It has very few dependencies. GDAL itself is not strictly needed, but is used when
available to test a few requirements of the tiled gridded elevation extension, to
inspect tile content.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com