[Geopackage] How should we register GeoPackage versions inside the SQLite database?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Nov 1 11:19:36 EDT 2016

Le mardi 01 novembre 2016 16:00:09, Jeff Yutzler via Geopackage a écrit :
> I wrote a blog post on the subject:
> http://geopackage.blogspot.com/2016/11/internal-versioning-for-geopackage-f
> iles.html
>
> Please let us know what we should do here.
> -Jeff

As far as I can see from grepping the sqlite source code, PRAGMA user_version
exists already in ancient SQLite 3.3.6, so it's availability is not an issue.

Another option not mentionned would be to have a 'gpkg_info' table with key,
value pairs, whose one would be 'gpkg_version'. Could be used to store other
info like 'producing_software', etc... Or other simple metadata.

http://www.spatialys.com