[Geopackage] Conversion GeoTIFF to Geopackage

Philipp Seyerlein philipp.seyerlein at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:56:55 EDT 2015

I do my Masterthesis for the University Augsburg at the Landesamt für
Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung in Munich. My task is to
describe different functions and applications and theoretical background
of Geopackage. I've got two questions so far.

First, I tried to convert a GeoTIFF to Geopackage. Does anybody a
suitable converter? I tried the GDAL driver, like described at
http://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage_raster.html, but unsuccessfully.

Second question: Is there any representation from the Open Geospatial
Consortium in Germany, where I can get further information about the
usage in public authorities or privat enterprises?

Philipp