[Geopackage] Displaying Geopackage Raster data (Even Rouault)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 23 10:22:19 EDT 2015

> > I tried your hypothesis since GDAL does CMYK -> RGB conversion, by
> > considering
> > CMY as RGB without conversion, but the result is complete garbage,
> > whereas the
> > current CMYK -> RGB conversion produce just "weird" colors... One
> > hypothesis I
> > didn't test is to take the reverse value of K since this is often a
> > source of
> > ambiguity...
>
> I'm not 100% clear on what the actual issue is here. Is there a
> problem with the spec? If so, please write up a ticket and I will make sure
> the SWG takes a look at it.
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/geopackage/issues

Jeff,

I don't think there's a problem with the spec. Looks more like an
implementation issue (probably on the writer side, given that several readers
didn't like it).

Although, for further interoperability, the spec could possibly decide to
define which "profiles" of JPEG tiles are acceptable (colorspaces, support of
JPEG with arithmetic coding anyone ?, progressive order ?, ...). The same
would be true for PNGs: 16-bit depth PNG?, progressive order ?, ...

Even

http://www.spatialys.com