[Geopackage] Sample gpkg containing tiles

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Oct 16 17:38:05 EDT 2014

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:47:59 PM Patrick van Dijk wrote:
> Thanks Brad,
>
> The Haiti gpkg file does not contain any tiles.
My original did, so I can only assume that Compusult removed them in OWS 10.

> I did find another sample here:
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/geopackage, but that does not seem to
> follow the latest specs.
Do you mean the link to
https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=52605
?
If so,  that is my (really old) work. There was a more recent version that
fixed some of it.

> Table and field names are different and the file has .geopackage extension
> instead of gpkg.
There was some gratituous renaming in the spec proposal, mostly after I got
"timezoned out" of the process and OGC terminated my membership.

> Anyway, I used that file, changed some table and field names.
> Renamed it to .gpkg and am now able to view the data.
>
> If anyone has any different tile sample, I'd like to use them to check my
> software,
> especially with different tile matrices as this sample is based on the
> Google Mercator projection.
I have some tools (which are what I used to create those packages) at
https://launchpad.net/gpkgtools
I don't think there is anything in those tools that is going to get you other
than 3857 though. Maybe tilemap2gpkg if you can find a source that is not 3857.
Honestly, its probably pretty bitrotted.

Brad