[Geopackage] gpkg_contents when type is not 'feature' or 'tiles'

Paul Daisey pdaisey1331 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:07:54 EST 2014

All:

Whether you find an error, or some provision you want to change in the
spec, geopackage at lists.opengeospatial.org is a good place to start the
discussion.  Pepijn, I or some other GeoPackage SWG member will then
chime in.

We SHALL subsequently discuss potential errors in the SWG telecons. If
the SWG voting members agree these are actual errors, they will be
corrected in a corregendum release of the GeoPackage spec.  We are
currently working on this process for previously cited potential
errors.  Note that just because you disagree with a requirement or
provision in the spec does NOT make it an error; a number of the
"errors" being discussed were positions taken by a minority of SWG
members during development of the GeoPackage spec that were not accepted
by the majority of SWG members.  To have those decisions revisited for a
future version of the spec, you need to address them as potential
changes.  See below.

We MAY subsequently discuss  potential changes to the GeoPackage spec in
SWG telecons.  The official path to take to propose a change to the
GeoPackage (or any other OGC) spec is to initiate a Change Request
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/cr by fillilng out the On-line
Change Request Form
<http://portal.opengeospatial.org/public_ogc/change_request.php> to
submit a Change Request Proposal (CRP).  Once OGC Staff and the SWG have
reviewed the CRP, if it is somehow incomplete or defective, they will
reply to the submitter to get it in acceptable shape; then it will be
listed on http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/cr and become a formal
work item for the SWG.  Then by the OGC P&: we (the SWG)  SHALL respond
to it.

Paul Daisey

--

    Paul W. Daisey, Jr.