[Geopackage] [geopackage] Specific Implementation Questions: iOS, Android (#75)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri May 23 15:13:28 EDT 2014

rkurian,

your needs would be to have a common GeoPackage container, with tables that
would be private to some applications ?
AFAIK the open-source implementation of sqlite has no such mechanism. There's
a proprietary encryption extension licenced by the sqlite author(s),
http://www.sqlite.org/see/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki, that might perhaps address
that need. But my understanding of the doc is that the
encryption/authentication scope is still the whole DB, so I'm afraid there's
no easy solution.
Unless you develop your own encryption layer above sqlite, but you would
likely lose all benefits of using a SQL capable container...

Even

--
Geospatial professional services