[CITE-Forum] Certification process for QGIS server 3.0 - WMS 1.3.0

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
Wed Feb 7 14:45:06 EST 2018

Hi Luis, Le mercredi 07 février 2018 à 12:58 -0500, Luis E Bermudez a écrit :
> Hi Regis
>
> Great to know that QGIS server is looking to get certified.  It will be great to have QGIS client certified
> as well.

I'll spread the word and see if we can get some support from QGIS.org or other involved parties in QGIS client
then!

> > On Feb 7, 2018, at 12:24 PM, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at oslandia.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> > me again.
> > I could achieve one test this morning, but no way to launch another one on WMS 1.3.0 since then. CSW seems
> > work fine.
> >
> > Is there something broken on the platform?
> Platform should be good.
>
> Can you please provide screenshots and more details bout the issue? The best way to report this are in the
> cite forum cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org where we have experts monitoring the questions and helping as
> needed.

Well, just when creating a new session, the screen asking for the server url input never shows. I see a a
Keep-alive GET request launched every 4 seconds http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/test?te-operation=Ge
tStatus&thread=14759&t=1518032385946 for ever.

response contains this:

<status>
<![CDATA[]]>
</status>

I tried another web browser, cleaned every session in my list with no success yet.

> > Best regards,
> > RégisLe mercredi 07 février 2018 à 10:27 +0100, Régis Haubourg a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > > I am Régis Haubourg from OSLANDIA, member of OSGEO, and QGIS.org association.
> > >
> > > QGIS developpers have been working last year on a full refactor of QGIS server 3.0 and deployed a
> > > continuous
> > > integration platform to run OGC CITE tests every day [0].
> Super!
>

> > > Now that we have all ABSIC and QUERYABLE tests all green, we would like to investigate the condition of
> > > OGC
> > > certification.
> > >
> > > That work would be done on behalf of QGIS.org and OSGEO.
> > >
> > > What would be the certification fees for us?
> If you qualify as a reference implementation, the fee is zero
> https://cite.opengeospatial.org/reference
>

> > > The process must be renewed each year, is that right?
> Yes. Retesting is necessary.
>

> > > We aim to work at having all the OGC services type certified, what would the best workflow to follow
> > > when we
> > > have a new  service compliant?
> The process to get certified is as follows:
> http://www.opengeospatial.org/compliance/getCertified
>
> We have two environments:
>
> Production web site: http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/
> This site should be used to test and get certified.
>

> Beta web site: http://cite.opengeospatial.org/te2/
> This site is where we have new revisions of the tests. In some cases, it can be used to get certified. For
> example if a bug is found and the fix is in beta and not production we can do an exception. This is the
> current case for the WMS 1.3 client test.

OK, good to know. I keep that in mind.

> > > [0] http://test.qgis.org/ogc_cite/latest_wms_1_3_0.html
> > >
> > > Many thanks for your lights,
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Régis Haubourg
>
> Please let me know if you have any other question. Will be more than glad to help you.

Thanks a lot, I launch the process then!
Régis