[CITE-Forum] [UK OFFICIAL] How do I validate a specific profile of WMS 1.3.0?

Herridge Graham J GJHERRIDGE at mail.dstl.gov.uk
Fri Jan 29 08:43:05 EST 2016

Classification: UK OFFICIAL
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please -

I've compiled a local version of the validator, as I need to execute it on a non WWW connected network to test internal geo servers. For the moment I'm just running it as a command line interface.

I can successfully validate OGC WMS 1.3.0 URL's as expected. However, I really need to validate the DGIWG profile of WMS, which I have downloaded the CTL from https://svn.opengeospatial.org/ogc-projects/cite/scripts/wms/profiles/dgiwg/ed1.3/trunk/

When I try to run the script using the DGIWG profile as the source, I just get an error message about "no test suite found" (or something like that) and nothing runs - no dialog box appears or anything.

Is there a special method for validating a specific WMS profile? Does it need to be somehow added onto the standard WMS CTL? Do they need to be run together? What am I missing?

As anybody else managed to get this running?

Any guidance is gratefully received, as I am stuck!

Thank you,

Graham Herridge
gjherridge at dstl.gov.uk<mailto:gjherridge at dstl.gov.uk>

Geospatial Information Scientist
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL)

"This e-mail and any attachment(s) is intended for the recipient only.   Its unauthorised use,
disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  Communications with Dstl are monitored and/or
recorded for system efficiency and other lawful purposes, including business intelligence, business
metrics and training.  Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect Dstl policy."

"If you are not the intended recipient, please remove it from your system and notify the author of
the email and centralenq at dstl.gov.uk"