[CITE-Forum] wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc8.2 uses wrong axis order

Peter De Maeyer peter.demaeyer at luciad.com
Mon Mar 9 10:40:37 EDT 2015

Hi experts,

wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc8.2 is failing against my server.
The test does a GetFeature request with a bbox and no specific srs.
The assertion fails because it expects a non-empty collection of
features but the collection is empty.
The reason the collection is empty is because the request uses the wrong
axis order (lon-lat instead of lat-lon).

According to the WFS specification 1.1.0, the DefaultSRS specified in
the Capabilities should be used when the request contains no explicit
srs. Implicitly, the DefaultSRS defines the axis order.
- My server advertises urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326 as DefaultSRS (which
defines lat-lon axis order)
- However, the request uses hard-coded lon-lat axis order, which my
server interprets as lat-lon and fails. I suspect the test has been
written assuming CRS:84 is the DefaultSRS, but that is not always the case.

So, ideally, the test should look at the DefaultSRS in the capabilities
and adapt the order of the bbox coordinates in its request according to
its axis order.

Kind regards,

Peter De Maeyer