[CITE-Forum] Tests for minor bug fix updates (In particular WFS 2.0.0->2.0.2 and WFS 1.1.0->1.1.1)

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 06:34:14 EST 2015

On https://github.com/opengeospatial we have test suites such as https://github.com/opengeospatial/ets-wfs20 and https://github.com/opengeospatial/ets-wfs11 which currently test WFS 2.0.0 and WFS 1.1.0 . What is the plan for testing WFS 2.0.2 and the soon to be issued WFS 1.1.1? Will new test suites be created or will the current test suites be updated to test the latest "bug fix updates". I'm using the term "bug fix update" as I believe that is how the third part of a version number should be viewed nowadays but I haven't managed to keep abreast of exactly how versioning is supposed to work.

If a server declares support for v2.0.0 after v2.0.2 is issued will it still be able to test that it is conformant to 2.0.0 if the test suite gets updated to 2.0.2 or is it intended that servers should support the latest issued bug-fix release of any standard to declare conformance?

Marcus Sen
British Geological Survey
Keyworth
Nottingham