[CITE-Forum] GetFeature POST requests with dynamic parameters

Ingo Simonis ingo.simonis at igsi.eu
Tue May 27 12:33:31 EDT 2014

Dear All

I am currently working on the WFS-1.1.0 tests to make them independent of the data served by a service instance. As long as KVP-POST is supported, this is not much of a problem, as I can read all necessary information from the capabilities document and then set the request parameters dynamically. The following expert shows this approach:

<code>
      <xsl:variable name="ftname">
        <xsl:value-of select="$CAPABILITIES//wfs:FeatureTypeList/wfs:FeatureType[1]/wfs:Name"/>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsl:variable name="request1">
        <request>
          <url>
            <xsl:value-of select="$wfs.DescribeFeatureType.post.url"/>
          </url>
          <method>post</method>
          <param name="service”>WFS</param>
          <param name="version">1.1.0</param>
          <param name="request">DescribeFeatureType</param>
          <ctl:param name="typename">
            <xsl:value-of select="$ftname"/>
          </ctl:param>
          …

The problem arises when KVP-POST is not supported, i.e. when I need to send XML request statements. The common approach is to put request into a separate document and load it at runtime:
<code>
            <xsl:variable name="request1">
                <request>
                    <url>
                        <xsl:value-of select="$wfs.GetFeature.post.url"/>
                    </url>
                    <method>post</method>
                        <xi:include href="wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc19.1.body.xml"/>

I wonder if there is any approach that allows me to set request parameters dynamically in such a scenario. Is it possible to put all XML inline into the test directly? If yes, how to deal with the namespace settings in such a situation?

Any help highly appreciated,
Ingo