[CITE-Forum] Open issues

Richard Martell rmartell at galdosinc.com
Tue May 6 18:45:04 EDT 2014

Hi all,

The substring-before function prunes all media type parameters (starting at the first ';' char). So the match will always fail if the advertised media type includes any parameters. The correct (XPath 2.0) expression should probably be the following:

/headers/header[matches(name,'Content-Type','i')]/value ne $VAR_GET_FEATURE_INFO_FORMAT

Although this might still fail due to discrepant whitespace (LWS) even if normalize-space() is used. Perhaps better to strip out all LWS using replace($input, '\s+', '') on both operands.

Back to you Sebastian ;-)