[CITE-Forum] How do the CITE compliance tests typically respond to exensions?

Richard Martell rmartell at galdosinc.com
Fri Jun 20 15:11:26 EDT 2014

Scott,

>From what I've seen in many cases non-standard information items are ignored (if they're permitted by
the base standard). In fact this is generally required for unknown query parameters appearing in a request URI.
However, if foreign content renders an XML entity invalid against some schema, an exception would usually
be expected (although schema validity may not be checked in every test).

Tests for extensions are typically bundled up in a profile-specific test suite that supplements one or more base suites.