[CITE-Forum] How do the CITE compliance tests typically respond to exensions?

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Fri Jun 20 10:10:12 EDT 2014

Hi Scott

It depends on the test. If we know we are required to test extensions, then we will build the test for it.

Test for Spec allowing ad-hoc extensions:
- Conformance Class A: tests with no extensions
- Conformance Class B: tests extensions aren required additional input (like schematron or xsds that extend the originals xsds)

Or if the extension is important enough it should have its own test: Test for Extension XYZ of Spec ABC:
- Conformance Class A: tests the extension spec. Do not requires additional inputs as the previous one requires.

- Luis

Luis Bermudez, Ph.D.
Director Compliance Program
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)