[CITE-Forum] How do the CITE compliance tests typically respond to exensions?

Scott Serich Scott.Serich at ijis.org
Fri Jun 20 08:14:13 EDT 2014

I wasn't sure whether I should bug Luis directly with this question or pose it to the broader forum. Forgive me if I made an incorrect choice.

The question is this: how does a typical CITE compliance test respond to receiving an XML stream that contains additional elements that are not required? Would it typically cause the associated test to fail? Or would the test ignore the extraneous content? Or is it up to the underlying specification to make the choice?

We're struggling with this question in building a test harness for an OASIS standard (ECF), and I'm polling around for ideas. The standard itself is ambiguous.

Thanks.

=====
Scott Serich, PhD, JD
Lead Technical Architect, IJIS Institute
44983 Knoll Square, Ashburn, VA 20147-2692
703.283.3432 -- scott.serich at ijis.org -- www.ijis.org
=====