[CITE-Forum] Failed OGC WMS Test

Bruce Dietrich dietrichb at pixia.com
Wed Jun 11 10:18:39 EDT 2014

I am running OGC WMS testing for WMS version 1.1.1 against our WMS service.  I am getting a failure for a single test (results shown below).  This test does not execute a web request against our service (no URL is generated by the OGC Test) and the error is cryptic.  What does this error mean?  What part of our GetCapabilities XML could cause this error?

Log for test s0001/d1e2085_1

Test wms:wmsops-getmap-each-style type Mandatory default result Passed (s0001/d1e2085_1)

Assertion: For each of the Styles in the capabilities document, when a GetMap request is made with the STYLES parameter set to the element of the style, then the response is valid.

A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the first argument of string() (<Name/>, <Name/>, ...)
Result: Failed