[CITE-Forum] R: GML 3.2.1 application schema test: surprise failure

Peter Parslow Peter.Parslow at ordnancesurvey.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 06:52:58 EDT 2014

Richard,
That's great; when will r16 be available in the online TEAM engine http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/rest/suites/gml?
Peter

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:47:20 +0000
From: Richard Martell <rmartell at galdosinc.com>
To: Stefania Morrone <s.morrone at epsilon-italia.it>,
        "cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org"
        <cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org>
Subject: Re: [CITE-Forum] R: GML 3.2.1 application schema test:
        surprise failure

Hi Stefania, Peter:

The app schema looks fine. In r15 the validateMetadataProperties test required the metadata property value to be declared in an application namespace. However, this assertion was removed in the latest release (r16) as an unwarranted interpretation of this statement:

"The content model of such a property type, i.e. the metadata application schema shall be specified by the GML application schema."

I have confirmed an issue with detecting and checking _local_ metadata property declarations, which are permitted (cl. 21.2.7).

<https://github.com/opengeospatial/ets-gml32/issues/1>

Note: Global metadata property declarations are ok.